The Falcon Cobalt Full Suspension 20″ bike
has been designed specifically for junior riders looking for a great ride combining style and performance. Unlike many others, Falcon designs their junior full suspension bikes with an uninterrupted frame meaning that it can accommodate a longer seat-post and provide greater adjustment as any youngster grows. Unlike old fashioned Y-frames, this provides a much greater range of adjustment and allows for a stronger frame and more enjoyable ride.
The geometry of the frame has been designed specifically for a younger rider to make the riding position ideally suited, not just a small version of an adult bike, whilst the hi-tensile steel construction provides a strong and hard-wearing frame. The front suspension fork and rear shock absorber, which is set to the weight of a younger rider, soaks up bumps when riding, making for a more enjoyable ride on rougher terrain.
The Mtb saddle has extra padding for improved comfort. As well as being great to look at, the Falcon Cobalt has a great spec to match. 6-speed gearing is powered by a Shimano branded rear derailleur and light action Shimano Revo-shift rotational shifters, creating smooth gear changing whilst never having to remove your hands from the handlebars.
Its double-sided chain wheel guard protects fingers and clothes but also prevents the chain from slipping off the cogs. MTB style pedals provide a reassuring grip and the soft compound handlebar grips are a pleasure to hold. Braking is supplied by reliable front and rear V-brakes which are controlled by reach-adjustable brake levers so they can be shortened to accommodate smaller hands.
The Falcon Cobalt is ideally suited to grow with any young rider thanks to the 200 mm seat post and quill handlebar stem which provides ample height adjustment. Saddle rail adjusters provide further room to refine the set-up by allowing the saddle to be moved backwards or forwards to suit.
The wheels are constructed from strong, yet lightweight alloy rims and knobbly MTB tyres for reliable grip when out riding. The Falcon Cobalt Dual Suspension Mountain Bike is a bike that stands out for all of the right reasons and a great bike for learning to use gears and suspension. Suitable for children ages 7-9 years. Inside leg measurement of 53-60cm/21-25″
- 20-inch wheel Dual suspension mountain bike with a hi-tensile steel frame and a front suspension fork to cushion un-even terrain. The uninterrupted frame designs allow for a longer seat post for greater adjustment to the rider and improved suspension performance.
- 6-Speed Shimano gearing with Light action Shimano Revo-shift rotational shifters and a double-sided chain-guard to prevent the chain from dis-mounting.
- 1.95″ wide MTB tyre for reassuring grip in all weather conditions, and electric blue pinstripe sidewalls for increased visibility.
- Comfortable co-ordinated Falcon branded saddle with rail adjusters for the most comfortable ride.
- Front and rear V-brakes provide great braking performance for reliable and progressive stopping power.
- Black wheel rims, spokes, crank and chainrings for a sleek, aggressive-looking design.
- Tough oven-baked powder-coated paint finish
- Hard-wearing KMC branded drive chain
- Weight; 14.4kg
- Please note that all new falcon bicycles are supplied boxed in an 85% assembled condition and require home assembly and adjustment, so please bear in mind you will need some technical ability to assemble the bike before it can be ridden.